Sunday, December 5, 2010






Cairo, the 5th December, 2010



Forget who's right and who's wrong...(who cares, any way?!)



After last wedding's show and consequent third degree spontaneous meeting in backstage room with egyptian ladies turning their heads over the temptress devil female dancer (me!), I got to wonder why we usually care so much about what others think about us.

Well...I might add in my defense I don't give a ... (yeah, that word you're imagining) for what others think about me but I used to get so nervous and frustrated when I encountered prejudices towards Oriental Dance and dancers and yet now it all seems so insignificant for me.

Those egyptian ladies (check past post about egyptian wedding to know what I am speaking about) saw my dance as "haram", something shameful that they wish they could do to arouse their big tummy, boring husbands.

I see the exact same dance as something DIVINE........................

They see the stage and the cloths I use as a devil's tool to lead Humanity to temptation (of what, I really don't know...;( ) and destruction. I see my dancing space and cloths as divine, again, and a way to communicate with God within me and other human being's hearts and souls.

They see my body as "haram", once more, and not respectable because I expose it in front if strangers in a manner they consider seductive and not proper for a "respectful lady" and I see my body as a TEMPLE of beauty, love and creation.

Who's right? Me or them?

And who cares?

I LIVE while they watch me LIVING...:)

And that's enough.

No comments: