Wednesday, December 22, 2010



Cairo, the 22nd December, 2010




Cairo shows, more and more learning lessons and a warm cinema session bathed with Starbucks mocha (yummieeeeeeee.....)




Up on the town performing in differente venues has been a fun ride so far...


If I put aside the incredible improvised backstage rooms I am left with and some really weird people you always meet along the way (hey, it's Cairo and I am an Oriental Dancer! How weird would it be if I DID NOT meet WEIRD PEOPLE?!) I am left with great shows surrounded by different people and environments.
Being a novelty lover myself, I welcome meeting new people and places all the time. I deal well with change and challenges on a constant base and I prefer to meet new faces rather than just sticking to the already known ones who do not offer me anything exciting.


Comfort is good but I reach for challenges, more than comfort.




Or not so much, it seems...:) that's why I had one of those warm afternoons at the cinema with a dear friend of mine.


While learning a few more lessons every day (God, I know I've been a good student but, please, gve me a little break here!), all I could dream of was a Starbucks moccha cafe on my hands, hot popcorn on the go, a good, funny friend to sing and laugh with and an outrageous and FANTASTIC comedy - "Meet the little Fockers" - with Robert de Niro, Barbra Streisand, Dustin Hoffman and company...this is the third part of the Focker/Burns family trilogy and it took me quite a while to recover from all the hard laughing.


The movie is hilarious, as you would expect. Not in a Shakespeare quality performance type but in a light, silly, SO MUCH FUN type of hilarious...just in time and just what I needed!

No matter how many goals and dreams we may have in our lives, what we need - sometimes - is just a good dose of the old sweet evasion vehicle: cinema!
Me and my friend, holding our popcorn and Starbucks hot goodies, laughing so hard with a good comedy...what else could I ask for right now???






No comments: