Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cairo, the 7th December, 2010

The power of being taken for granted or under appreciated!

It has been an incredible, heart cracking journey since I first arrived to Egypt.

I learnt, for instance, that a beautiful woman who does not use that trumph for her own profit ends up being punished for that beauty (what's a gift from God becomes a curse).

I learnt that business women and smart bitches get their way much easier than Artists and are respected as being "strong like men" while honesty and kindness is seen as a feminine (negatively speaking), weak side of people.

I also learnt that being taken for stupid (as it often happens with me) or seen as smooth or weak (simply because you don't have a rich guy on your back) can work in your advantage. To coronate this thought, here's something I heard and really tickled the strings of my soul:

"You see, that's when I realized the power of being under appreciated."

Told by Quincy Jones to Oprah when commenting on the time he wanted to bring the movie "Colour Purple" to life and no one believed he could.

And he did. And he got an incredible casting (including Oprah) and director (Steven Spielberg) to make it happen.And the movie turned into multi-winner Oscar all time classic.

And that's what I call the power of being under appreciated. :)

No comments: