Tuesday, December 7, 2010






Cairo, the 7th December, 2010

Make my day!

I know this sounds corny but watching two little

birds playing around at the entrance of my building this morning has made my day and filled my heart with such peace and pure joy...nothing and no one could have had the impact these two little creatures had on me on this particularly cloudy morning.

I am a sucker for these childish things. Only me and little kids notice them and I get startled looks all the time from the adults who consider me a bit of a lunatic to stop in the middle of a street to stare at the beauty of a butterfly or the sexy movements of a cat.

Then again...who cares?

C'mon...

I am an Oriental Dancer performing and living in Egypt for 4 years, non stop!

No egyptian manager/pimp/husband covering my back (and sucking away great part of my money plus having me in bed!) or "pasha" seducing schemes to have my things done. It has been me with myself against the world and yet I am perceived as a man eater tramp simply because I am a " RAKASAH"!!!

Oh, Lord, give me strenght (and patience to all levels and depths of stupidity)!

That says lots of things about me and one of them is, for sure, that I am totally indifferent to other people's opinion on me (if I happened to be the opposite, I would have turned into a vampire after all the prejudices and sexual remarks/approaches I get due to my particular career!).

Away from the risk of seeming like a coo-coo gone kind of dancer, I admit my total fascination and surrender to a corny moment like this: two simple birds playing with electricity wires at the entrance of my building.

I smiled, breathed deeply, felt truly happy and sure that everything will not only be ok but it's ALREADY GREAT, just as it is (no illusions included).

No comments: