Saturday, December 18, 2010


Cairo, the 19th December, 2010


Cairo gossip delights!


Cairo is one of the most (overly) populated cities in the world so it's just curious to check how, in the end, this is just a small viallge where everybody seems to know you and know more and than yourself about your own life.
Last gossip I heard about me?!
" Joana has abandoned ORIENTAL DANCE, got married and is pregnant!"
Wowaaaahhh, Nelly! This one struck me hard.
Between last night's shows, I was inquired by several Oriental Dance scene celebrities about the eventual juicy details of this new gossip.
I was startled! Who spread the rumour AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
Hey, in reality, this works as an indirect marketing tool but what a silly one.
You see, the thing is I learnt how to ERASE from my life everything and everyone which did not bring HAPPINESS, TRUTH and QUALITY to my heart. I watch and learn about everything and everyone's character and then I make choices of the things and people who are WORTH keeping in my existence and the ones who are not. Call it a protection/survival tool. That's what it is.:)
Every dog can keep making noise, every attack can hit me right on the face but I keep on with my head up, following my own dreams and nothing else.
Some of these dogs are worth my energy, my love and my attention. WHO IS NOT WORTH IT, IT'S OUT. No fuss, no bad feelings, no regrets or blaming pointed fingers, just OUT.
Lots of people in my professional environment are not worth my attention so I tend to make myself deaf to all these stupid rumours (some of them extremely offensive and unfair ) and move on with my life searching for people and projects that reflect my own personality and quality as a HUMAN BEING. I try to do it, anyways...:)
This time, though, it was a BIG rumour to the point of leaving my orchestra in a tantrum, running around like crazy butterflies, looking at me with a shy, fearful gaze.
I had to make things clear for them:
" Dear people, I am not abandoning anything, I am not married and not pregnant. Not now, at least.
Please CALL DOWN..."
Between my flu, stress and pressures (so many of them are undescribable by words) and the night's shows, I had to calm everybody and answer several phone calls trying to make things clear about my personal life. God, give me the patience for all this silliness.
Cairo is really a small village and it's incredible how some people loose their time concentrating on me or other strangers. For what, really?
So, if anyone else decides to check on this or other rumour about me, all I want to add is my OFFICIAL STATEMENT:
I am departing to Paris where I will dance the "can-can" at the famous Moulin Rouge and start to accept diamonds from my admirers. Time to splurge and get fancy in France...
I am (secretly) married with four gorgeous men (I inverted islamic law and now WOMEN can marry from one till four men...YUUPPIIEEEEEEE!!!!!! It was about time Women had a piece of that cake) from different countries (international love affairs) and I am virtually pregnant with twins that will be the next Messias in this chaotic world we're living in.
Hope that's enough for an official statement.

No comments: