Tuesday, December 7, 2010



Cairo, the 7th December, 2010





Christmas time in Cairo (early start) and making WISHES (that will come true!)

Although Cairo - and all Egypt - is predominantly muslim (the thousands of mosques and the omnipresent recital of the Holy Koran taken to madness extents are live proof of that!) no dignified egyptian would loose the opportunity to chat with you about Christmas (or any other subject important or totally insignificant) or make business out of you and Christmas!

Therefore...Jingle (or Jungle?! I am confused...;) Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells Rock!

Christmas has arrived to Cairo early on. Zamalek is full of trees and props to turn any home into a Papa Noel heaven. As I will be working during all Christmas and Oriental Dance mood has little to do with Christmas mood, I will pass it on as a distant reminder of what my family is celebrating in Portugal in the warmth of our family home.

Just because I am not celebrating Christmas in the usual, traditional way it doesn't mean that I don't make my WISHES.

And just because Wishes do not always come true, I believe that some of them DO.

And they will (I wrote a short but VIP letter to Santa Claus this year and I've been a great girl...not good...just great so I KNOW he heard my requests and North Pole is only a corner away from my home).

Under the invisible Christmas tree I got to my Cairo home, there will lay the gifts I asked HIM!

Thanks, Santa Claus. You're the best (I say this while pulling his beard to check if it's for real)

No comments: