Monday, December 20, 2010


Cairo, the 21st December, 2010


On/Off switch!


Switch the button ON when it's worth it and OFF when it's not.

Quite like a light in a room.

When it's necessary for us to function around the house, we turn it ON and, when it's not necessary anymore, we turn it OFF. If we could do this in life and know the right moment to switch each button on or off everything would be simpler and we wouldn't loose so much energy on things that don't bring anything POSITIVE into our lives.


Reaching the end of 2010, I realize I achieved much more than professional goals and other emotional treaps that were worth for the ride they meant to be.

I have learnt when to switch OFF and ON.


I switch the button OFF (and totally IGNORE):


1. People and subjects that do not put a huge, exciting, truthful smile on my face.


2. Words, comments, actions or intentions that do not produce any GOOD or BEAUTY in this world.


3. Television, musical, newspapers and magazine's garbadge, boring people with nothing meaningful to say and mean creatures who enjoy other people's sadness.


4. Everything and everyone with no HUMAN QUALITY. Every lier, actor in real life, con artist, game player, evil person that crosses my way goes directly to that sub-world of mine where GARBADGE is GARBADGE and it doesn't deserve my attention.



I switch the button ON (and focus/give my time, energy and love to):


1. Everybody and everything that reflects who I am.

I choose to be surrounded by honest people who respect me and love me back, subjects and individuals who build up gorgeous things in my life and help me be a better person.


2. Everything and everyone who inspires me, gives me joy and hope in HUMANITY.

Everything and everyone who is beautiful, simple, TRUE and PURE.


3. The SUN, the ENERGY to CREATE at the maximum and destroy at the minimum, flowers and dance, passion and tango, great professional challenges that are also artistic delicacies.


4. The switch is ON when I find LIGHT and KINDNESS in a person - no matter where she/he is coming from or how much/little she/he knows about the world - and I see a white heart that knows nothing but LOVE.


Thanks to 2010 for teaching me this lesson (besides so many others).

Disconnecting my attention, emotion and spirit from the things and individuals that don't bring POSITIVE things into my life has been the hardest and yet the most useful tool to navigate in this incredible Universe full of possibilities.


Excited to choose the colours I am surrounded by...............................



No comments: