Wednesday, December 15, 2010



Cairo, the 15th December, 2010




Recently discovered silly (amazing) pleasure:
What a silly and great thing I've just discovered!
There I was with a friend in my kitchen cooking a vegetarian lasanha and a salad for our lunch when, suddenly, he asked me if I had some nice music we could be inspired by to cook.
And right there, I handed him my newest musical aquisition (full collection of Michael Jackson's albuns - ALLLL of them!).
He chose one of Michael's first albuns as the perfect soundtrack to our italian cooking.
So we cooked our way to Italy at the sound of "Thriller" and "Beat it" and I don't remember to have laughed so hard as we did today.
As soon as the music started, we both grabbed kitchen utensils and started to mimic Michael Jackson, using spoons as microphones and doing our respective "moon-walks" in my small Cairo kitchen.
For the duration of the lasanha confection, we were not two friends preparing our lunch but two crazy people laughing hard, singing and dancing in my hot kitchen while trying to put together an italian dish.
Result: The lasanha was amazing (and salad too) and we had a great fun preparing it.
Once again, I rediscovered (in a most improbable place: my kitchen!) the marvellous joy of dancing just for fun. No audience, no sense of ridicule, no pressure, just PURE FUN!
My "overly religious" neighbour will not be pleased to know that Michael Jackson will be my cooking buddy (specially the "Thriller") from now on...I just can't resist it.:)

No comments: