Thursday, December 9, 2010



Cairo, the 9th December, 2010




Hot chocolate and the Wheel of Fortune (both right around the corner!)
Cairo has these amazing stuff, besides all the dark side of it I never hide (why hide the truth?!)...
Right around the corner of my home in one my favourite dining cozy places, I discovered an AMAZING hot chocolate that promises to make my winter less cold and, perhaps, even interesting...and delicious.
Creamy chocolate covered in chantilly, cinammon and a pink marshmellow that makes me nostalgic for the americam colourful 50's I always watched in the movies.
While walking to the recently discovered "hot chocolate" spot, I bought an old almanac (why do I keep buying so many books to read when piles of them add and add at home with no hope of being read throughout the next 10 years?!) with an interesting " Wheel of Fortune" image.
Up and down, here we go...the sages know one is just the "other face" of the other so they never despair on the "low" and never get arrogant on the "up". I can see that knowledge very clearly and, surprise of surprises, apply it to my LIFE.
Success is relative and changes its definition with time, life experience and from person to person. It's also true that, once we accomplish a certain dreams(s), we tend to search for anothers, never quite being satisfied. Why is that? Do we need constant DESIRE to feel a sense of direction in our lives or we wish to prove to ourselves - and/or to others - that we are ABLE to be victorious in everything we propose ourselves to accomplish?!
Maybe a bit of both...I've felt the lowest in times of great apparent success and the highest when all I had was a new, empty ground to fill in from scratch.
No applauses or negative critics ever affected me much for the same reason: it's all too relative and only our consciousness is able to tell us the truth and the TRUTH is that, no matter where you are in life, ALL is GOOD!

No comments: