Saturday, May 15, 2010



Buenos Aires (Argentina), the 4th May, 2010

Mi Buenos Aires querido... (part of the lyrics of a famous tango from Carlos Gradel - the eternal king of Tango!)

Oh...I just love being a globe trotter. Gipsy all the way, that's for sure.

Just arrived to Buenos Aires at 5 o'clock in the morning (coming from Colombia) and couldn't rest enough. I had to go to the street and start exploring the city.
Smell the smells, listen to the sounds and, for my surprise, find the city very similar to my natural born Lisbon. European presence is very strong and visible in Buenos Aires. It's there in the arquitecture, parisian looking cosy coffe-shops and in the general aesthetics of the city.

Mayra - a lovely dancer herself and part of the event's organization - and Martin Salvatierra - the organizer himself - received me with open arms and great sweetness.

I feel goooddddd......


Truthfully, I am hungry for knowledge, life, challenges.
And in love with my life...
So far, Buenos Aires received me with a cold, rainy weather and a smell of all the tango I am hoping to see and dance!

Yes.Yes.Yes.

Meanwhile...


Preparing to perform with Mario Kirlis orchestra (famous orchestra in Latin America) and check the differences between them and my very own beloved egyptian orchestra.

I am always willing to try new things, that's for sure.
If the people I'm working with are artists, there's nothing to fear. Differences never scared me. Only lack of talent, professionalism, love and humbleness. Those are the only things that scare me and put me off mood.

Feeling VERY happy to perform with new artists and teach a lovely group of latin girls. Latin girl power to its best!

No comments: