Saturday, May 15, 2010



Buenos Aires (Argentina), the 5th May, 2010

Shopping for Tango in Buenos Aires

So far, the damage is not that big...
Two pairs of brand new - gorgeous - tango shoes (which I'm planning to use in wonderful classes and milongas that will follow as soon as I arrive to Cairo), a crazy black tango top to wear during one of my workshops over here, book markers with tango lyrics (POR UNA CABEZA is one of my own Carlos Gardel favourites) and lots of ideas to use in my work in Egypt and so on...


I visited a store that seems to be like a Tango emporium and I lost my head with all the hats, shoes, clothing, dvds, music and merchandise associated with Carlos Gardel and lots of other Tango icons.
They even have a space for lessons on the first floor...


Looking forward to find Carlos Gardel and Astor Piazzola biographies as well as some nice vintage posters with emblematic images of this dance.
Also anxious to participate in my first Buenos Aires milonga (how presuntious of me this is when I only had a single class of Tango in all my life). Somehow, I know I can pull it off and I will learn fast as an eagle if I am taken inside the subject through the right hands.

Plus visiting more places where one can watch good, authentic Tango shows.
I am, indeed, a sucker for Art, Music and Dance. Is there anything better or more exciting in life other than Love and Art?!

No comments: