Wednesday, May 26, 2010



Cairo, the 26th May, 2010

Egyptian food at the Hussein

Ahh...I almost forget the simple pleasures of living in Cairo.
Local food is one of them.

Getting so messed up with constant work and pressures doesn't leave me any extra time to just enjoy.
Plus my need to retreat to my own cocoon of silence and privacy doesn't help when I happen to have a rare moment of leisure.

Having family or friends in Cairo forces me to enjoy what I already took for granted and almost forgot.
Today we returned to Naguib Mahfouz coffee-shop at the Hussein, I had a huge - great steam releasing - street fight with vendor in a baladi market and had tea with old friends at music shop.
This was an unusual day for me.

No make-up. No production. Just enjoying the local pleasures.
I was, once more, a more or less curious visitor in my hated/beloved city of Cairo.

No comments: