Sunday, May 23, 2010


Cairo, the 24th May, 2010

Weird morning

Maybe it is the weather (strange, strange...hot and cold,cold and hot, no sense to it), maybe it is the complexity of everything I want to do NOW (maybe for yesterday), maybe it's just the stress or me. My complex ME!

I don't know why but today I woke up at 5 o'clock in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I drank my milk, I read and wrote, I tried to fall back asleep but nothing happened.

I felt an urge to dance and I did. Then I stopped.
I remembered yesterday's shows and how I excelled myself and lost some of my limitations on the way (Thanks God for those inspirations and points of Light).
Earning that spot where I can already explore my DANCE beyond technique and everything that is expected of me is something I am proud of and want to do more of it...

Danced an old Om Kolthoum song that touched my heart.
Cried on stage - no acting, pure FEELING - and meant every single word the song said. My audience felt with me and I could just pause, relax, let the moment happen and sizzle...I was in no hurry to do stuff, to prove I know, to impress...I was just HONEST.

Then the applauses followed but what's better than that, for me, is the moment when I am totally connected with the music and the audience. And then all EGO is gone. I am not a star and I don't feel that I have to do GOOD. I am myself and truthful to the music and what it makes me feel.

Now I turn on my last Michael Jackson cd - with some JACKSON 5 goodies - and eat some bread with cheese.

All is fine. More than fine. And God is in me.

It has been a weird morning...
I guess it's from the weather.

No comments: