Saturday, May 15, 2010

Copacabana (somewhere hidden in the mountains of Medellin, Colombia), the 11th May, 2010

Life choices - could I just disappear into these green colombian mountains?!


The world would move just as well and no big harm would be done.
What a wonderful way of ending my Latin America working treap...
Inside the green and luxurious mountains of a little pueblo called Copacabana in the roundabouts of Medellin, Colombia there are many gorgeous fincas - farms, in spanish from Colombia - and I was invited to one of them.
Colombia and its Nature, indian roots and luxurious sensuality conquered my heart.
I will always be a rustic at heart!
Set: The farm, in one of the pueblo's hills (I am in heaven...).


Everything here reminds me of my roots, my peasant roots. All that is realy worth and all that reminds me of who I am - just another regular, fragile human being - and that we all come from dust and to dust we will return.


Leaving in an extremely competitive world and achieving goals, giving this image of someone who CAN, someone who works and wins is something I've managed to do quite well and I do not complain about the downside of success but, occasionaly, I long for a place where I can be my simple self. Myself.
This is that kind of place.


I was received by Luz and her family with such tenderness and, for moments that tended to expand into hours, I asked myself what would happen if I just disappeared from my normal outside world and just stood here, inside these mountains, surrounded by nature and silence.
I don't know if I would like that on a long term but the temptation of getting away from the violence, exposure and constant hassle of my own world was huge.
I slept at the farm with a depth I don't remember to enjoy, probably since my childhood.

Waking up, I could breath the clean, fertile air of the mountains and checked the horses, cows and other animals rising up along with the sun.


I kissed the dogs, I personaly greeted a fat GOOD MORNING to each one of the horses (one of them, recently arrived, is called Portuguese Emperor!), I looked at all that beauty and asked myself again: what if I turned myself into a paisa (paisano, the spanish word for peasant) and left all the world behind?
What if I replaced the battles and victories for a much simpler life of earth, animals and vegetation?

What if I married - not only loved, but married just to challenge my own prejudices and volatile for sures - a gaucho and dressed like a cowgirl for the rest of my life, raising a bunch of kids between the corn fields, the horses and the fountains?!
Life has so many options, that's for sure. You always long for what you don't have.
Trying to find a middle term to this whole dream, I guess it would be quite nice to retreat from the outside world once in a while, just once in a while...


Not forever but whenever I felt the pressure was too much to take and longed to reconnect with the human/natural part of a HUMAN BEING like me.


Am I just trying to Nature or simply return to myself?
Both, I guess. Because they're both the same.

No comments: