Saturday, May 15, 2010

Buenos Aires (Argentina), the 8th May, 2010

G-R-E-A-T show in Buenos Aires and Mario Kirlis's generosity


I can still hear the echo of the applauses at the theatre in Buenos Aires.
This was such a GREAT night and a surprising show. Kamikaze style, as usual.:)
I was a player out of his home game rules. Different audience, system of working and orchestra.
I entered the stage with no idea whatsoever of what the orchestra would do or how they played a theme by Om Kolthoum, a Saiidi, a Baladi style song and an whole tabla solo. Talk about KAMIKAZE...Who, in their right state of mental health, would throw herself on stage with an orchestra she never heard?! Well...you guessed (if you know me).
MOI memme.

There was no time for rehearsals because the orchestra had just arrived to Buenos Aires a few hours before but this was the orchestra I had on my hands (Mario Kirlis orchestra) - the most famous in Argentina and, probably, in all Latin America- and I had to make the most of it.

Life gives you lemons, make lemonade. That's me.

What surprised me the most was not the obvious differences between these musicians and my own egyptian musicians. I cannot comment on that aspect because it woulnd't be fair.


What surprised me the most was Mario Kirlis - the director of the orchestra - and his marvellous, humble approach to work. He was such a gentleman, such a generous, open hearted person...it left me no option other than DOING MY BEST because I knew he would do his best. And he did.
I could feel these musician's respect and heart and that was enough for me.
MORE THAN ENOUGH.

How can I NOT love musicians if I depend so much on them?!
No, I didn't dance my best. I did 10% of what I am used to do when dancing in my territory - Egypt, with my egyptian musicians and my own egyptian audiences - but I was HAPPY on stage and that I have to thank to Mario Kirlis and his orchestra.

I also would love to thank Buenos Aires audience and students who received with such love and appreciation that they brought tears to my eyes. It's not in my use to expose private emails/messages that I receive from people who watch one of my shows or share a workshop/class with me. I do not expose them because they are private, only directed to me but I have to say that many, many messages I've received in Argentina (written or in said to me in person) have brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you, Buenos Aires.
The applauses still live inside my head. People's emotion and response to my show and workshops still lingers inside my heart and I hope it will stay there forever, renewing my faith and strenght when they, eventually, fail me.

No comments: