Saturday, May 15, 2010

Buenos Aires (Argentina), the 5th May, 2010


Autumn leaves in Buenos Aires

I am not a Winter's fan but Autumn leaves spread all over Buenos Aires has a beauty of its own.

In Egypt, summer is almost arriving. Over here, rainy days (coloured by the cosy parisian style coffee-shops and buildings spread all over the town) are just starting and the cold weather is just making its first appearances.

Avenues and streets are lined up european way, making me remember Lisbon so much that I often think I am in Portugal. It seems the same architecture was applied to both cities. The same artists hired to build and structure both cities...
I can see Lisbon in Buenos Aires.That's strange and, curiously, warming.
As I walk in the city's streets, the beauty of the trees and the whole tone of the city (kind of dark blue) makes me feel like I belong here.

Why do I feel that I belong everywhere?!

Why am I enjoying this argentianian nostalgic Autumn so much?
Maybe because I know I will soon come back to a sunny Cairo, right back home.

No comments: