Monday, May 31, 2010


Cairo, the 31st May, 2010

Against the tide...

Even in the way I dress...always against the tide!
When it seems all the feminine side of the world is taking time and lots of resources to leave their home looking their best, here I am trying to figure out how I can look so awfully dressed that no f..... man will bother me in the street.

Today I think I almost, almost succeded! Almost...YES!!!

I should have taken a photo of myself then because I would be listed as the worst taste Oriental Dancer in the world and the icon of NON-GLAMOUR!

Fair description of the outfit (destined to scare sexual harassement away in the streets of Cairo):

1. Indian slippers. Maharaj's style. Groovy...

2.Old Levi's jeans whose once blue tones have already faded into a strange white fabric that doesn't resemble anything human beings usually wear (except when these human beings are doing one of those Guiness Record all around the world walking with the same pair of jeans feats or when they are aliens from Mars with no common sense or notion of beauty). Creepy...

3. Old egyptian t-shirt with fabric hanging from everywhere (covering the critical zone of my african derriere). The message in the t-shirt says: Rocky Girl
It should say: I went nuts Girl.
Cool...

4. Hat and sunglasses which most taxi drivers in Cairo would not dare to wear. Sooooo...kitch and not matching AT ALL the whole horrific ensemble.
Scary...

Conclusion: The terrible outfit didn't stop harassment in the streets but, at least, made the offenders a little afraid I may be a lunatic ready to throw myself on their necks when the first word comes out of their dirty mouths.

No comments: