Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cairo, the 12th September, 2010

Countdown, NILE MAXIM shows, egyptian wedding shows, Tango and home fish cooking (Uh???)

What a mix!
And I wonder why I am not surprised...for me, life has always been about enjoying EVERYTHING, from the most glamourous to the simplest of realities.
You can see interest, fun and beauty in quite all scenarios, even in the darkest, most inconvenient ones!

People who don´t know me may judge and presume they have me all figured out, even my musicians who spend so much time and energy with me often feel confused and don´t know how to treat me: as a QUEEN or as one of them? I know my behaviour makes them confused and I like it that way (why not?). I am a queen and a peasant, after all. If you can´t take it, just drop it and stop trying to figure it out (you won´t, eh, eh, eh....).

Right now, the count down to my treap is on. Only a few days left and here I go to PEACE LAND or, otherwise known as, NORMALITY LAND (compared to Egypt and other Middle Egypt countries, Portugal is the peak of NORMALITY). Leaving the fifth domension for a few weeks will bring me the renewed energy I desperatly need and clean my over burdened brain of all clutter and unnecessary information. GREAT!

Shows at the NILE MAXIM rocking again, after the dull period of Ramadan composed of foreigner-tourist audiences that make my job really hard...YES to the "Aid" and all the hunger for fun of the people who are coming out of Ramadan with all its joys and restrictions.

Some egyptian weddings I will do in the next week will also challenge me, as usual. I admit that wedding shows are not my favourite. Most of the times, the guests are only there to celebrate, get drunk and stoned and jump around like crazy. They´re not really into ART or in the mood to watch a professional show.
In this kind of jobs, I am mostly an entertainer and a "jumping buddy" and not so much of an Artist.
Not my favourite thing but, hey, it´s work and I also do it at my best.

Tango lessons, finally free and back to normal after Ramadan...it was about time! As soon as I get back to Portugal, the learning continues...I think I am becoming addicted to Tango.Heeeeeellllllllpppppppppppppppp.............................

Home cooking (fish in the oven for today). By "moi memme", of course...who else? How can I manage to perform every day, teach and write and - at the same time - clean and cook like a professional?! Women are multi-taskers, that´s for sure and I LOVE being one of them.

P.S. The fish in the oven was SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Should I open a restaurant?


P.S. 2
I am in a deep delirious state.

No comments: