Monday, September 27, 2010

Sting - My One and Only Love

Cairo, the 27th September, 2010

My world...

You (past,present and future).

Love. Because that's ALL I am made of.

Songs like this (divine), letting words pour from the music as if an angel was whispering in your ears, sent by me on a sacred mission.

I often am asked about my musical taste and receive surprised faces when I say I listen to EVERYTHING that touches my soul and so many songs do!

I may work with egyptian music everyday but the musical food that keeps me going comes from everywhere...one minute I listen and jam with Miles Davis,then I fly away with indian ragas, gipsy music or african mornas.

Some salsa for lunch and Michael Jackson in the mornings (YOU ROCK MY WORLD ON THE CD PLAYER,NON STOP).

I eat some portuguese fados and then head for argentinian tango, only resting when I return to some quite and disturbing japanese music I got from my favourite massagist in Cairo...

This eclectic chaos is me and all you see on stage is a result of this colourful word that lives within me.

No comments: