Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cairo, the 9th September, 2010

Dance lab with my crazy "tabal"...

Performing with great musicians (not all of them are, though) has these magnificent things: every show is an opportunity to explore different, deeper, more creative things.

Working with my crazy, favourite "tabal" (not saying names here...may the evil eye remain away from us!) is like being inside of a "dance laboratory" where all formulas are created, tested and approved with the TALENT certificate of the ones who produce music and dance with LOVE.

Ahhh...we often forget the value of the things and people who surrounds us when they are around and, often too late, realize how precious they were after we´ve lost them.

Right now, I am grateful for this "dance lab" where I create - with my crazy musician - something fresh, new and ALIVE at every single show, on a daily basis.

Dancing with your favourite "tabal" is like loving a man...really...it is a love musical affair. That´s for sure. No wonder why so many dancers actually fall in love and marry their own "tabals". I can understand why (although I don´t have any intention of marrying mine).

The tabla touches you as a lover do. When the "tabal" is great and has a connection with the dancer, he knows how, when and with which intensity he should touch her. He knows when to hug her, when to let her go, when to kiss her and give her love in all the different ways a man can love a woman.

IT IS a LOVE AFFAIR, I tell you that...

And letting go a great "tabal" is harder than letting go a great lover. Great lovers are everywhere but great "tabals" no and the second can often give you the pleasure the first cannot.

I know these statements are pretty rough but they´re honest and the position of being a "belly dancer" (as most people often call me) gives me this kind of freedom.

Every show it is a new love affair, a new breeze, a zero point from where we start not knowing where music and feeling will take us.

I LOVE IT!!!

How much am I growing in the ART SCALE??? I guess pretty much...

No comments: