Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cairo, the 9th September, 2010

I didn´t know I loved Adbel Halim so much...

Oh, oh...am I betraying my dear OM KOLTHOUM?!
I am afraid so...betrayal has never been my strongest feature but now I feel like a cheater by loving Abdel Halim Hafez so much...

When Ramadan started and I brought a male singer into my orchestra, I decided I would put Om Kolthoum to rest for a while (from wherever she is resting in PEACE, she must be a little tired of watching me use her music so much) and dig deep into ABDEL HALIM HAFEZ, THE NIGHTINGALE OF EGYPT...

Little did I know how much I would fall in love with him...still not my OM KOLTHOUM LOVE STORY. That´s comparing the love of your life with a great hot affair. Abdel Halim is my current hot affair but it´s so delicious that I am not willing to let him go.

Is there a problem with this?
I guess I can dance Om Kolthoum AND Abdel Halim Hafez, can´t I???

Discovering incredible music by this new hot affair...he may have led a tragic life, but his music was ruthless and full of hope, despite all the drama involving him.

"Fatet gambena"..."It happened besides us" is one of my favourite as well as "Karait if fingan" and "Bil omr´el hob".

OOOOhhhhhhhh.....................flying.............................flying................flying...........

No comments: