Sunday, September 19, 2010






































Cairo, the 19th September, 2010

Memories of ny debut at the GREAT AHLAN WAn SAHLAN FESTIVAL!







Ahlan Wa Sahlan Festival Closing Gala was a hard cookie for me to crack and I've commented it at the time. The biggest event in the world concerned to Oriental Dance from the most respected teacher: Mad. Raqia Hassan.





Having received the invitation to close her event was an honour and a joy.

The hardest audience I have ever had and some portuguese dancers who made a question of not supporting me or even saying HELLO when they knew me too well. That was sad but hey, I am used to portuguese envy...that's something portuguese have in common with egyptians.

Besides the difficulties and the absence of a feed-back from the audience (who stared at me as if I was a freak of nature), this was an incredible experience in so many ways...

Because I always dance in a state of half trance, here they are...some more images of that show...to remember that wonderful night and the VICTORY it represented for me.

The video is coming to light very soon.Watching myself in this event will be a surprise...have no clue of what I did!

Thanks from my heart to Madame Raqia Hassan for the credibility she put on me and the respect she has been showing for my talent and achievements. It s my humble will to surprise and ALWAYS do better and better...for next and next time.A true artist always recognizes another true artist.

No comments: