Monday, September 13, 2010


Cairo, the 14th September, 2010

Still on the go...when you give and don´t receive back!

I was supposed to have three days off work this week but those days turned into more shows so me and my orchestra search for our remaining energy and try to give our best, despite the general exhaustion.

The thing about performing with love is that you always receive back from your audience, so your energy and all the feeling you give them is returned to you and multiplied. This renews me, as a dancer. It gives me inspiratiion, strenght, lightness, will to continue doing better and better.

So, what happens when your audience is composed of arrogant, rich people who will not give you a smile, even if they needed it to save their own lives?! Ohhh....difficult.

You give, give, give and do not receive any appreciation or connection back so all your energy is spent and not renewed.
That was the case tonight. I did my best, as always. I GAVE, that´s what I do.

In this world, there are two cathegories of people: GIVERS and TAKERS. The first tend to GIVE with no expectations, requests or payments and the second group only RECEIVES, never gives. These are the TAKERS and I´ve known so many of them, oohhh....God....

I am a GIVER by nature. I rarely ask for myself, I feel shy to request any kind of help and feel a constant desire to GIVE, GIVE, GIVE both in my work as in my personal life.

So, even if my audience is as cold as the North Pole and is so interested in me as they are in dog poop, I STILL GIVE and GIVE, and GIVE...after all, that´s my job, not only my nature.

After two shows full of opulent, nose up, arrogant audiences I am OFFICIALLY off duty, at least until tomorrow when I expect to have a better luck with the audiences that will come.

You see, the THING is DANCE is made of a CONVERSATION between me and the music and, ultimately, with the audience. If one of these links is missing, the MAGIC is gone and I return home empty.

Salsa tonight?!
I don´t think so...bed, bed, bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: