Tuesday, September 28, 2010


Cairo, the 28th September, 2010




Last breaths...




Today and tomorrow will be the last breath days of this season.
A cycle will be closed and another one will have its awaited start.
After so many days of consecutive shows (Thanks Giving for that!), my legs and arms require some rest, my mind needs some peace and emptiness and my ears long for SILENCE.
I need the wet grass under my bare feet, the hugs, the cookies, the forests, the birds and the eyes of love. I need the food for the body and for the soul, my recovery system from all the challenges I face on a daily basis.

I need my man, my mum, my sister and friends, the smell of books in a portuguese bookshop and the mornings in our garden.
I need to smile at neighbours without fear of having some weird man with his pressed face to my door, walk in the streets dressed as I please and not feeling totally harassed and disrespected by men (and some women!), say what I mean with no worries about the consequences of my honesty.
I need the fresh mint picked up from the garden with my hands, my mum's hand on mine or my arms covering her as I always do in a protective, instinctive gesture.
I need to listen to portuguese and remember where I come from.
I need my ground. My belly.

I absolutely need those...

After two days I will enter in a blessed airplane and pop off, literally. Sleep, sleep, sleep until I arrive to Lisbon and breath again near from my close family and friends.

The funny thing about success is that , the more you have it, the more you see how small it really is in the scale of LIFE IMPORTANT JEWELS.


More and more, I thank God for my sucess and my career growth.

It is, certainly, GREAT to feel that all my professional goals are being accomplished and my dreams are being expanded more and more...achieving what you proposed yourself to achieve feels AMAZING but, I now realize, it's not what will fill your life with JOY and BLISS.

The man I love and loves me back from his soul, my family, my REAL friends, a day on the beach and a good hard swim in the Ocean are far more dear to me than the applauses.


A life of success without quality human connections and LOVE is an empty, sad life, no matter how great everybody says you are and proof of that is the immense list of artists who died lonely, depressed and feeling unloved.

Yes, I do LOVE applauses and appreciation for my work but that's all that is: my WORK.


Not my life.

I think I'm reaching an important turning point here, am I not???


No comments: