Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cairo, the 9th September, 2010

MY MEN!!!

I always thank God for everything. The great and the not-so great. Even for the tragedies that seem to erase all hope and ability to believe in HUMAN BEINGS again.
I Thank God for the over-worked periods and for the few times of rest. I am happy working and happy sitting silently. Just sitting. I´ve learnt , so far, that ALL IS GOOD AS IT IS.

So, no more complaining about over exhausted muscles but just an observation:

The result of working non-stop with my orchestra has produced the following curious phenomenons with the people I, prodly, call MY MEN (my musicians):

1. I know their faces, hands and voices by heart. I could recognize any of my musicians by only listening to their voice or seeing one of their hands. That´s how familiar they are to me. More than family itself.

2. We have developed our own "private jokes" that no one else - outsiders - would understand. With just a look, we all burst into laughter and there´s no need to explain why. WE ALL KNOW WHY.

3. I know, with just one look, how the shows will go on every night. I get it by their energy, their moods and expressions.

4. I´ve noticed the ego treaps all of them go into when working in the same orchestra and trying to please me. The secret is "not trying to please me" but simply do their jobs with love and professionalism but they still think the "old egyptian way" and act a little childish in my opinion. I am the teacher in the kindergarten. Already got used to it.

5. Some of "my men" read my thoughts. They already know what I am feeling and thinking in any day, they have my own chair reserved for me to listen to new songs and give me some RARE, honest smiles that make my day.

6. By now, if any strange man gets close to me before of after any show, he can be sure to get kicked in the arse by one of my over-protective musicians. Even my father, if he dared to show up as a surprise and hold my hand, would have his "derrière" hardly kicked by one of my men. I find it sweet, I must admit. :)

7. Seeing that I am not in the happiest of my moods, some of my men dance for me.
Yes, that´s right. And that also makes my day and, miraculously, takes off a huge laugh from inside of me.

8. All the testosterone around me makes me feel safe. This could be rightly explained by a certified doctor specialized in " hormonal behaviour of the female body" or something like that. Working with men (not a single woman around me!) has a soothing effect on me. I´ve noticed and confirmed this fact.

Maybe I see in them the father figure I´ve never had (never had that protective figure because my dad started living with us at home when I was already a little woman), maybe it´s just the adoration they have for me (yes, it does feel great to be treated like a QUEEN all the time!!!), maybe it´s just the absence of envy and competition so typical from female environments.
I really don´t know the exact reason but I am totally happy working with men and their testosterone combines with mine (have loads of it myself!).

9. With all their awful treats and mafia dealings, "my men" are the ones who build a big dream with me and it´s with them I spend most of my time.
By now, I know their spirits better than my own hands and feel blessed for their moments of generosity and tenderness towards me.
Not everything is fake around here. Thanks God.

No comments: