Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cairo, the 4th September, 2010

Art as a survival tool...and my LOVE DECLARATION for posterity!

Dancing, singing, building something beautiful that touches people´s souls (in the form of performances, workshops or even writing) has always been my NÂș1 passion.

For DANCE, I´ve left behind family, homeland, best friends and several men I loved.
Every time the choice arose in my life, between ANYTHING/ANYONE and my ART, I had no doubt and never looked back to choose THE LOVE OF MY LIFE : DANCE.

I was born doing it and, if God will, I will die doing it.
It´s my biggest passion, my drive, my inspiration and the air I breath.

One of the reasons why I put my ART in first place in my life is connected with the fact that, through the years, it´s DANCE, MUSIC and ART which has saved me from becoming a cold, cynical person after living so many disappointments and hardships.

If it wasn´t for ART and my work, I would have gone totally mad or bad from a long time ago.
Creating, listening, feeling, dancing, singing, living between other artists, all the heart breaks and pain seem to be lighter and,miraculously, transformed into LIGHT.

So, when I am dancing I am not just enjoying myself, working and entertaining other people but I am also healing myself and saving my soul from becoming dark as so many experiences life has offered me to live.

So DANCE is a life-saver, a soul-rescuer, an angel who holds my heart in ITS hands whenever my heart is threatening to disappear...

How could I NOT consider DANCE as the REAL LOVE OF MY LIFE???

We´ve been together for too long (since I started to move by myself).

DANCE and only dance never disappointed me or hurt me.

We´ve been through so many things in life and we´re still strong, closer than ever, always growing in love with each other, deeper and deeper...

It´s DANCE that sustains me when everything falls apart and I have no energy to walk. Maybe I can´t walk, but I can always DANCE.

It has been my air, my reason to live and continue growing...

DANCE has seen me go into ACTING, SINGING and trying to stay away from it for lenghts of time but IT knows that I always return to IT. No matter how many detours and treaps I do away from DANCE, it´s to DANCE that I return for FREEDOM, PURE FEELING OF LOVE and COMFORT.

I always return to DANCE in search of myself away from the EGO, closer to my SOUL and that place where I have no name, no nationality or tags to classify me by human/mental standards. I return to DANCE to find ME, my essence, my true mirror, my beggining and the absence of my end
(because we´re infinite).

It´s to DANCE that I return when I need to go back to where I belong: HOME.

This is my declaration of LOVE to my all time NUMBER 1 LOVE: DANCE. DANCE.DANCE.

No comments: