Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Moments you don´t forget...


People is what defines the FEELING you get and remember from a place. Traveling to share my DANCE - through Workshops, Shows and Conferences - is only a part of a very interesting coin. I am a curious, avid student. Learning is one of my addictions, as it is DANCE itself, books, good hearted and intelligent people, the sea and the fair and many other lovely etcs.
The last day I spent in Ireland was made to keep in my own secret box of soul food reserves for hungry times. My gratitude to Rasa and Michael for so generously taking me out on a sea coast journey that ended in the famous spot of the Moher Cliffs with a similar view and energy as Portugal (both countries are bather by the Atlantic Ocean, in there lies some similarities between both). 
We ate seafood (DELICIOUS) by the sea, ate some road with green and more green bucolic landscapes that bring peace to a tired soul like mine and laughed together on the basis of the so called "irish wit". It takes a sarcastic, ironic person like me to GET IT* and, by heavens, I do.:)

Then we had dinner in front of the Charleville castle, chatted and laughed hard some more in that relaxed, crazy way of irish...LOVED IT. Very simple and distant from my regular life where I must rush everywhere, at all times and be with my "dolled up" look as frequently as I breath (hair,make-up, manicure, pedicure family for my shows...the boring part of being a performing artist...). 

You could almost listen to the fairies as we descended into the wilderness to see the river that visits the territory surrounding the castle. Steve was our spontaneous guide (me and Rasa were entertained and informed by a perfect, funny gentleman!) and he made sure we heard about the irish "leprechauns" and his evil brother who sucks the drink out of distracted "bon vivants"´s glasses. 

Folk tales, nature´s sounds, the generosity of special people who just want you to have a great time! So thankful to you all...:))))))))))))))))))))




No comments: