Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Nostalgic souls looking for redemption (?)

Really?!
Yes, I actually wrote that - nostalgic souls looking for redemption - on my notebook by breakfast, in Dublin. Automatic writing has these enigmas...you end up not quite knowing why you wrote this and that but, somehow, it made all sense at the time.

Here´s more of my dear notebook:

It is official: 
1. I am in love with Dublin. The most honest, visceral city I´ve been to.

2. Tried my first irish coffee and failed at the trial of "being cool like everybody else", for a change! Hated it and stared at "my pint" while the bartender pitied me saying "bloody hell" at my refusal to drink my coffee.
Alcohol and me do NOT mix. I´ve always known it but...stubborn to try new things...
Me+whiskey=trying to gather a tsunami with a hurricane. Waaaayyy too much to bare.

3. Music /art belongs to the Church, although priests of all religions have always been afraid of It***. The natural place of Art is the Sacred space (eg church), the realm of Divinity which is its original home. Listening to Haendel being played - live orchestra - inside Christ´s church filled me with chills and a few deep convictions: Music is the language of what* most call God and, as Isadora Duncan put it, Dancers are His/Her messengers.
Heading to Charleville castle, considered one of the 10 most haunted places on earth. I ´ll teach, perform and sleep overnight there. Can´t wait to arrive there!!!



No comments: