Friday, June 8, 2012

Survival kit for the Cairo Summer 2012



To the Ladies who dare walking by themselves in public (applied to all Egypt but with special incidence on Cairo):

1. Memorize the oh so famous quote "Are you talking to me?!" that Robert Deniro threw on the movie "Taxi Driver".
Train the phrase with different levels of agressivity to be used according with the level of mental retardness you find on your way. Improvisation is encouraged *(just be aware of dirty words and offenses as egyptian men often see them as a sexy answer to their sexual harassment (I mean: REALLY? Oh, yeah...REALLY.)

2. Become a follower of the Ninja wear.All covered, all black. Like you´re mourning the whole world forever and ever. You were born a woman, who do you think you are?!
 No inch of your body - or soul - should be shown. Repeat after me: I am NOT a person, I am a spectrum, therefore I do not deserve to have a body&mind&soul. Specially in public where I expose myself just to offer the sin´s apple to the poor male souls with no protection against the evil feminine body.
Repeat after me: I am a spectrum and spectrums belong INDAHOUSE!
"Good girl *(or should I say "good dog"?).


3. Accept that everyone is born with the right to his&her own ignorance. We are ALL ignorant in some ways (some more than others, that is for certain).


4. Meditate. Punch a lot. Eat your veggies. Dance (while you can). Laugh a lot. Answer to sexual predators in a language that does not exist (try imitating japanese, it has worked wonders for me).


5. Learn from all the madness. Go beyond it.

No comments: